Friday, July 06, 2007

 

Not At Work Today...

Woke up with a really bad headache and felt quite sick, I reckon it's a combination of dehydration and tiredness. Tiredness as I don't seem to be able to get myself to bed much before midnight (not a good idea when you have to get up at 6am) and dehydration from last night's race.

It was the last race in the Grand Prix series; a 5 miler held at Colwick Park in Nottingham. I got there and parked up quite early, and the heavens opened. It was teaming it down! There was a St John's Ambulance guy in the car next to mine, and he said "They must all be mad!" mind you, everytime we have seen him, he's been puffing away on cigarettes which I think is far madder!

My colleagues arrived, and we waited til the last possible moment before dashing to the loos and start. Fortunately, the rain had slowed to a much lighter pace by the time we started, although we found ourselves ploughing through huge puddles and quite a lot of mud! I think that the views would have been quite good if it was clear.

I had been a bit concerned as my Achilles had felt quite sore from Tuesday's race, and I could still feel it a bit, but luckily it was ok- slightly sore afterwards but it wore off, and I can't feel it now. In fact, the race seemed easier than Tuesday's race, although my breathing was quite ragged.

I finished in, I think, 46 minutes 21 seconds, which I was happy with, as it's faster than my usual 10 minute miles, especially as I haven't run for a long time. One colleague came in just after me, and the other managed to knock 2 minutes off her last year's time, so we were all happy.

There was a presentation after, and we all put our running numbers into a box to be drawn out for spot prizes, which was a nice touch- one colleague won a £25 voucher for a local running shop, and I won a £5 voucher! (she wouldn't swap...)

The overall times aren't online yet, I think it will be close between me and my colleague!

Got to drive up to Blackpool later with Katie, my brother-in-law is away cycling in the Alps so we are going for a girlie weekend with our older sis, as long as my head improves!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?