Wednesday, July 04, 2007

 

An Update...

I've neglected this a bit lately... been really busy! I will post the rest of the account of my holiday... honest...

This Grand Prix has taken quite a chunk of time, as I've had to hang around after work for the races. Results for the first two races are; 10k; 59 minutes 24 seconds, 5k; 28 minutes and 9 seconds. Not bad for me, especially as I have only just started to run again.

Last night's run was a 4 miler at Ruddington Country Park. The rain just about held off (crap summer so far!!) but there were huge puddles. I just ran through them in the end, but had visions of doing a Dawn French, jumping into a puddle and disappearing up to my neck!

I think I set off slightly fast as was suffering a bit during the last mile, but still managed to overtake folks. Think my time might have been just under 37 minutes, it will be a PB anyway as I've not raced 4 miles before! One colleague got in at just over 36 minutes, which was fantastic, and the other had a PB at 45 minutes.

My heel has been rather sore since though. Saw my physio yesterday, who advised me to ice it, and build up gradually. She has basically discharged me. We have the last race tomorrow- 5 miles- which is quite a lot for my ankle after yesterday. I think I will start from 5k next week as suggested and gradually build up- but still keep up the gym work and the walking.

Funny yesterday- somebody reported a carrier bag left on the stairs, and we couldn't find who owned it. Just as we were debating whether or not to report it as a 'suspicious package', we found out my boss had dumped it there whilst she popped to the loo- it was her breakfast! She nearly lost it in a controlled explosion!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?