Friday, November 10, 2006

 

Good Signs!

Went to the gym as planned last night, and made sure I streeetched before warming up on the elliptical trainer for 20 mins. Then I streeetched again before doing my half hour running on the treadmill. And....... no knee pain whatsoever! I carried on with the rest of the work out, weights, stepper, bike, and back on the treadmill for walking using the incline and....... still no pain!

So good sign! I reckon it was stupid to go and do 8 1/2 miles after a break and then go to the gym the next day, I will make my next run 6 miles and build up gently.

Oh yeah, I have an event coming up for Saturday 18th, it's the Seagrave Wolds Challenge. As it's only 15 miles I am considering run/ walking it as

It's the second year this has been held but for some reason I missed it last year, don't know why as it's only a short drive away from me. Just thought though, it's pretty darned hilly round Seagrave...

I'm off to a mate's now for some serious cartoon dvd watching/ wine drinking and munchie eating...pretty strenuous stuff....don't know how I'm going to cope!!

By the way... all you blokes who go to the gym... yes, we do see you sneaking crafty admiring glances in the mirrors at your muscles while you lift those weights!!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?