Wednesday, November 08, 2006

 

In The Swim!

Well, I went swimming after work- first time in the water for at least a year! Mum joined me later, I managed to do about 70 lengths in the 1 1/2 hours, which hopefully bodes well for my endurance for future triathlons!

My strokes need work... kind of a front crawl/ doggy paddle cross. I noticed that a lot of triathletes invest in swimming lessons, which may be an idea as I last had a proper lesson when I was, erm, 11?

But I have a secret weapon... Little sis has swum competitively for years, and even has a teaching qualification, sooo... when she comes back from Uni at Christmas I will enlist her help. Thinking about it, she's studying Sports & Sciences so it will be good practice for her! She owes me a few.

I had a bad moment- I found a loose thread and pulled it mid swim, and realised to my horror that the seam from my shoulder was unraveling and I was in serious danger of flashing private parts of my anatomy! Think I need a new costume, damn..

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?