Monday, November 06, 2006

 

Injury!!!

Aak, I think I have an injury already!! A few weeks ago I noticed a kind of pain at the back of my left knee when I ran longer than 6 miles, then I had a week without running, went back out Saturday to do 8 ½ miles and it was quite painful!

(Maybe it was a mistake trying to run that far after a break).

I went to the gym yesterday and it was hurting just using the treadmill. This is bad… I don’t have the time for an injury!! Little sis thinks it may be a tendon and advised me to stretch fully before exercise (I’m not very good at doing this…)

I think I’ll go swimming Wednesday instead of running… be a good start to triathlon training anyway! I’m trying to get my head round some of these terms… when folk talk about swimming/ cycling/ running ‘bricks’ I guess that means doing at least 2 of the disciplines back to back? Worries me though when they talk of ‘bonking’ mid race… in the UK it means something quite rude!! Is it being sick or just kind of hitting the wall? (brick wall??)

So- plan for this week is to go swimming and try a short run and seek expert advice if the leg pain persists. Also will post an account of the last long walk I did and see if I can get linking to work. Ooh, I might also manage a couple of pics!

And my scales told me I was 9 stone 11lbs this morning which is great- probably lost muscle mass though as I’d not been near the gym for nearly a fortnight. Total loss since 1st Jan 2005= 3 stones 2lbs. I should add though that I am a short a**e- only just over 5 foot.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?