Thursday, November 09, 2006

 

Knackered!!

That's how I feel. Wiped out, cream crackered etc etc etc. Been so busy at work this week, and I have to say, getting up at 6am five mornings a week really,really sucks! There is NO WAY I could ever get up and run/ swim before work. It doesn't help matters that I live above the village shops(the word village is a bit of a misnomer- the whole place was built in the 60's and is actually lore like an estate) and near the one and only village pub.

So we get loud, drunk people yelling outside till after midnight, and at weekends when the newsagent opens at 6 we get car engines left running or "Slam! Bang! YOU ALRIGHT, CHARLIE?" "YES TA, ARE YOU? WHAT YOU BEEN UP TO" etc etc.

Plus the chap living above the chippy opposite is obviously very fond of his music and television, likes to stay up until the early hours of the morning and is obviousy hearing impaired... I don't have double glazing either.

Ok enough of the moaning! Tonight, soon, I'm going to go to the gym and streeeettcch and see how the leg holds up.

I am really going to have to start structuring my training sessions I suppose... but when I read stuff like 'work at below lactate threshold', using 'drills', 'sets' etc it all goes over my head... but I'm going to have to get to grips with this stuff if I am going to be a triathlete.

I don't currently use any sports drinks/ gels/ bars etc usually just water and bananas, so going to have to experiment... can we get Gatorade in the UK? Oh yeah!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?