Saturday, November 11, 2006

 

Run Round Rearsby

This afternoon I ran a cross country trail route I haven't done since the summer. It's about 5 1/2 to 6 miles, and is a kind of loop around Rearsby, next village down from me.

To get to Rearsby, there is a three fields long footpath, typically enough I was just having a stretch in the gateway when I heard the noise of massive machinery coming my way and a humungous tractor started to head towards me so I picked up my dignity and ran off.

This is one of the main streets in Rearsby- I run past this gorgeous old house on the right, it has a date on it, can't remember exactly but it is in the 1600's- and I would absolutely LOVE to live here...


The route then heads off through more fields, through a farmyard and to the village of Thrussington. A bit of road running up hill (I overtook two cyclists here in summer, but they were going incredibly slowly) before a run by Rearsby Mill and along a track over the level crossing back into Rearsby, and back across the three fields.

And no leg pain at all!! Good oh. By the way, here's a tip, courtesy of my bro-in-law, for all those who, like me, suffer the inevitable snotty nose when out in the fresh air... simply hold a finger over the unnafected nostril (or take in turns) and blow short and hard through the offending nostril. Couple of pointers though;

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?