Thursday, December 14, 2006

 

Aak More Injuries!!

Aaak, no! Not more injuries… I did a slow 5 miler last night, and my Achilles heel was quite bad… then the left leg/ knee pain just kicked in out the blue… not fair!!

To be honest, I have a feeling I maybe shouldn’t have tried 5 miles after a couple of weeks of not running. I think I will try swimming and building up distance slowly. I have just entered a 10K on New Year’s Eve though…blah!

Well, the last two days in New York… Thursday we had another carriage ride in Central Park as mum loved the first one so much. We took an amble into the park afterwards to see the skaters, mum bought candied nuts off a stall and we fed the birds and squirrels.




Central Park


We ambled on up 5th Avenue and went to the top of the Rockefeller Centre, or ‘Top of the Rock’ as it’s known. That was an experience! We were taken up to a Mezzanine floor where we had to change elevators. The elevator which was to take us to the top was large and black inside with a light in the roof. As the doors closed, the light dimmed, music started playing and the roof revealed itself to be a clear panel; we could see all the way up the shaft as we shot up 70 floors! Fun!!

What a view from the top- the whole of New York City, Central Park, the Empire States and even the Statue of Liberty, tiny on an island in the distance.


Flatiron Building

Friday we ambled around the shops and lunched in Planet Hollywood again. I left mum, step dad and Katie to walk up Broadway and see the Flatiron building, so called as it is the shape of an early 20th Century Iron- narrow at the front and wider at the back. Quite impressive! We had another limo to the airport and tried to sleep through the flight with varying degrees of success. We said our

goodbyes to Tony and crew at the airport as typically my case came through half an hour later than everybody else’s. Well, not really but it sure felt like it!!

The Empire States

New York… I think it is a must-see, but don’t think I would like to spend a lot of time there, it’s so manic! Like being inside a washing machine… I would dearly love to see other parts of America, especially mountains! Ahh, one day…

Rockefeller Centre and view from the 'Top of the Rock'

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?