Tuesday, December 19, 2006

 

Christmas Is Coming and We're All Getting Fat

This time of year is so damn difficult! All that food around... to date, at work, there are two tins of Quality Street chocolates, one box of Belgian biscuits and one box of chocolate covered brandy snaps. Plus I have had a Christmas lunch today with the team where I am based. (Food quite good but would have been a good idea to have warmed the plates before dishing up.)

I have another Christmas lunch with the team I am having to leave (last ever Christmas lunch with them...) then I am out Friday and we are eating in the pub, then going to Blackpool for Christmas and the never ending eating orgy that is Christmas day...

I am trying to not obsess over it too much. I know I don't have to 'go mad' on goodies, but my will power is not good. I have been known to buy edible gifts for people, wrap them up and then unwrap them myself before Christmas.

I think I will go to the gym tonight, try damage limitation through exercise! Seriously, I am used to my exercise routine now, and if I don't exercise for a few days, I feel flabby and can actually feel my butt spreading. I have the week between Christmas and New Year off, so when I return from Blackpool on 26th (Boxing Day) I will have time to reflect and plan my goals for 2007! Which will be the year in which I become a triathlete!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?