Friday, December 29, 2006

 

My Cat's Using Me As A Scratching Post

Seriously... ouch!

Still feeling rough, it's gone to my chest now and I'm coughing up stuff- lovely!! I really don't think I ought to do the 10k I have entered on Sunday. A friend at work's husband know somebody who ran with a cold/ cough, and it permanently damaged his heart! (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it... no but seriously I have heard something about not running whilst you have a cough/ cold...)

I did fancy some fresh air tonight and went for a walk, ended up doing about 10 miles. It's really windy and blustery outside, I don't know why but I really enjoy walking when it's like that. I quite like walking in the rain too- not the lashing-down-like-billy-o type of rain, but there's something good and fresh about feeling rain on your skin. Or is that sad?

Walking helps me to think. I do all my best thinking when I'm walking. I can think better when I'm walking than when I'm running as I find I am too busy thinking about the fact that I'm out of breath, my legs are aching or I'm possibly about to be hit by a car. Walking is definately better for thinking.

I've been thinking about possible goals for 2007, and will post them on here when I've fully decided...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?