Friday, January 05, 2007

 

On The Treadmill Again..

First session back at the gym last night! I thought it might be packed out, but it wasn't too bad, a few new faces. Unfortunately half the equipment was out of order- well, maybe a slight exaggeration, a treadmill, a stepper and one of the ellipticals.

Which was a real bummer as I like the ellipticles, they form a large part of my training, and as there are only two, this meant we were down to one. I use them for 20 minutes, but everybody else seemed to stay on it for at least 45! I really hope that they have the other one fixed for Sunday, right, moan over!

I didn't do a full work out as still easing myself back in after Christmas/ New Year/ Illness, so did 24/ 25 minutes running, top speed 6.5 miles per hour, 20 minutes on the stepper, power level 9/10, 20 minutes on the elliptical (eventually!!), 12 minutes on the bike at power level 9, 5 minutes on the rower plus a round of the weights.

Oh, I have received my race number and chip for the
Tamworth Heart 10K! I am number 1221, ha, easy to remember! The race numbers are cool- black and red! A work colleague gave me an entry form for the Rushcliffe 10K, it's not on the web yet. This is the one where we both PB'd last year as it was sooo cold! I remember we were all waiting for the start, and it was so freezing everybody was trying to huddle in a marquee next to the start rather than line up behind the start line. We heard another runner asking his mate "Is Charlie running today?" "No mate" his friend replied, "He's broke his leg!" Me and my colleague both looked at each other and said- "That's no excuse!!"

Must remember to post of my entry for the Belvoir Challenge, aka the Big Boggy...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?