Monday, January 01, 2007

 

Shiny New 2007!!!

A very happy shiny new 2007 to everybody! Had a headache today which I think must have been due to blocked sinuses and most definitely not due to the lager and wine I drank last night!

Well, it’s that time I suppose… the time to gather my thoughts and plan my goals for the coming 12 months…

Here goes;
  • I will have undertaken the Belvoir Challenge in a faster time than before
  • I will have undertaken the Charnwood Challenge in a faster time than before
  • I will have undertaken at least one Triathlon. There is a local sprint Triathlon around May I might aim for
  • Will have undertaken the Barrow Classic 10 in a faster time than before
  • To run a sub 60 minutes 10K!
  • Will have undertaken a half marathon race, not sure which one yet though
  • I will undertake the 56 mile Bullock Smithy Hike this year- had to withdraw last year due to a chest infection
  • Will have undertaken a trekking holiday in Morocco, and climbed Mount Toukbal; this is booked for June this year!!!
  • I will keep a training log, something I have never done before. I will also try to work out how to link to other blogs down the side of the screen- I can’t do it!
  • I will get to a weight I am happy with, and tone my body. Rather than have a specific weight in mind, I will see how I feel, after all muscle weighs more than fat.
    EVENTS ACHIEVED IN 2006
  • Completed the Belvoir Challenge in a faster time than in 2005
  • Completed 3 10k races, fastest time 1 hour 1 minute 14 seconds (it was bloody cold! We all did a pb I think…)
  • Completed the 10 mile Barrow Classic in really hot conditions
  • Completed 5 walks of 26 miles or more in a day
  • Completed the 15 mile Seagrave Wolds Challenge… as a runner!

Oh, I also managed to lose a stone in weight…
…I also have a little confession… I have requested an application pack for the 2009 Marathon des Sables… yes, absolutely stark raving crazy… besides, I would have to send a deposit for £500 which I haven’t got, so probably nothing will come of it- but what if…??


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?