Friday, January 12, 2007

 

Thank God It's Friday!

Thank God it's Friday, I am sooo tired!!! Possibly the combination of getting back into my training routine and talking to my mate quite late as she has a hot date and required a bit of bolstering, bless her! Had a good sesh at the gym last night (no, sadly the elliptical trainer is not fixed, but managed to get on the other one ok). It was quite busy with New Year's Resolutioners plus lots of old faces.

I have tried a different tack on the treadmill; previously I ran for 30 minutes ranging from 4.7 mph to 7.5 mph but most of that time was spent under 6 mph. I have decided to use the treadmill to try to do some faster work, so spend quite a lot of time at 6mph, which I figure is a 10 minute mile if my maths aren't completely out, which they probably are come to think of it. I will gradually build on this.

Below are the contents of my sample pack from High 5. Can't wait to try them out!


I have listed the events I want to enter this year until March;

February
Sunday 18th; Tamworth Heart 10K
Saturday 24th; Belvoir Challenge

March
Sunday 4th; Norton 9 (miles)
Saturday 10th; Grindleford Gallop (21 mile walk)
Sarurday 24th; Charnwood Marathon (27 mile walk)
Saturday 31st; Kiplings Kaper (no idea!!)

Subject to change, hmm March looks very busy... I'm very lucky that they are all nicely spaced out and not all on the same day which usually happens to me!

I went to the Doctor's today to get some forms for a blood test; I had a health check some time ago and they advised me to have one once a year as type 2 Diabetes is on both sides of the family (grandparents). He asked me questions about my lifestyle, took my blood pressure- and then announced that he doesn't think I need the tests. He said that I have done very well to lose 3 stone in two years, and as I eat a basically healthy diet and exercise lots, he feels that I am really not at risk! Made my day!!

Rest day to day (thank God says body)...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?