Monday, January 08, 2007

 

Weekly Work Out Totals!

Yeah, I know I said I was going to post these yesterday... I kind of got side tracked! Mum text me to ask if I'd walk her dogs with her. She has two- Alex, a Cocker Spaniel, and Gemma, a Yorkshire Terrier- I'll post photos of them sometime.

Technically Gemma belongs to little sis Katie, and to my horror I discovered she'd put her in a purple t-shirt- a proper doggy one, complete with sleeves for her front legs! If that wasn't bad enough, it said "If you think I'm cute, you should see my mom!"

Alex has not been well. He's 9 now, and is suffering from kidney failure- he's on tablets and a special diet and has lost a lot of weight. Mum is so concerned about him getting a cold in his kidneys that she has bought him a red fleecy jumper. We must have looked a sight. I was quite releived when she let them off the lead and I could try to pretend they weren't with us! I'm going to have to get a photo.

Where was I- I digress! Oh yeah- workout totals! First time I've done this... let's see...

Running
3 1/2 miles on road, slow
51/2 miles cross country, slow
Total of 5 miles on treadmill, ranging from 4.7 mph to 7 mph

Gym
40 minutes elliptical trainer
40 minutes stepper
22 1/2 minutes bike
10 minutes rower
5 minutes inclination work on treadmill (walking)
Two rounds of strength training
Totals over 2 gym visits

Other
Walk approx 5 miles

That's not bad I suppose for the first week back after Christmas/ New year/ lurgy. This week I aim to build up at the gym- instead of running on the treadmill at 4.7 mph and gradually increasing it up to 6 mph and then having bursts up to 7 mph, I aim to do more at 6 mph and above, to increase speed.

I will also build up the running to include at least one 6 mile run, and go swimming.

I have found a site for energy bars- Hi Five. For those in the UK they offer a sample pack of gels/ bars worth £5.50 for a £1 SAE. I have never really used energy bars/ drinks before but think I am going to have to if I am to do more serious stuff. I guess it's just a matter of trying them out to see what suits me.

Whilst in New York, I picked up a delicious Snickers Marathon sports bar, but I don't think I can get them in the UK, which is a shame.

I noticed before that when I went to the gym in the morning, I often felt exhausted and 'running on empty' so yesterday I tried eating a banana before I went and a few pieces of Snickers sports bar during the work out, think it helped. I am going to have to get a lot more knowledgable about all this stuff!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?