Thursday, February 08, 2007

 

The Big Freeze...NOT!

Well, all we have heard on the news this week is the promise of snow. Lots and lots of it. Enough to bring everything to a standstill.

Now, I admit, I am a big kid at heart. I love snow. LOVE it. The deeper the better. The fact is, we just don't get snow like we used to here; when I was a kid, we used to get two or three real good snowfalls every winter. I have photos of my Dad digging his car out. We used to go sledging lots, I even remember a proper blizzard once. (we had a pony in the field at the bottom of the garden so put him in the garage for the night, much to the postman's surprise when he put a parcel in there next day!)

We just don't get that now, the most we ever seem to get is a slushy centimetre or so that's gone by lunchtime.

So- I was really excited this morning!! Proper snow at last (plus the suggestion from my boss that I don't try to get to work if it's bad.) I woke up, rummaged for my glasses and threw back the curtains, to be greeted by... nothing. Zilch. Nada.

It did actually start snowing and settling as I drove to work, but quickly turned into the kind of sleety stuff and disappeared. As usual, the rest of the country seems to have loads and we have... nothing.

I am gutted. Still, on the other hand I may be able to go out tonight and run without falling over (unless it freezes.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?