Thursday, February 01, 2007

 

Take The Adventure...

I was chatting to my mate on the phone last night, and she was telling me about this email quiz she'd filled in. One answer suggested that she is adventurous, and she was questioning that, and then said that she would be adventurous if she had the money to go to far flung places.

That got me thinking (ouch!) and I told her that the way I see it, adventure isn't just about the grand, epic, expensive things you do in life, but rather about doing anything out of the ordinary or putting yourself in any new situation. For example, yes, when I go to Morocco it will be an adventure- but so will the Belvoir Challenge, the Tamworth Heart 10K and my first ever sprint Triathlon (as yet unknown).

She then started to come up with her own examples, such as the times she heads off on bike rides with friends (and falls off!), the dates she's been on, the shopping trips to unfamiliar cities on the train...

... Adventure doesn't have to be about doing something amazing, grand and epic (although it can be, of course) but adventure is about doing the things which move you out of your comfort zone, challenge you a little and put you in unfamiliar territory.

Here's to always taking the Adventure- however we do it!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?