Tuesday, April 10, 2007

 

***** Achilles Heel Pain!

I don't beleive it!?! My left knee was hurting during the Belvoir Half, and I thought it was going to give me problems...

Well, the knee has been fine, but since yesterday my left Achilles has been really sore! When I move my ankle I can feel it grinding beneath my hand. I don't beleive this, I have had problems with the right heel, but not the left...

It's going to have to get used to much greater distances than that! All I can do I suppose is rest it this week, try cross training and build up my distances gradually when I can run again. I have put an ice pack around it tonight, which seems to have helped a bit. I am going to stay with mum, sis and step dad in the caravan in Wells-Next-The-Sea from tomorrow til Friday, but had been kind of hoping to run up and down the dunes a little... (and no doubt look a total prat)

I'll have to see. There must be nothing more frustrating for a runner than an injury.

I saw a friend yesterday, and she was expressing concerns about the MdS as she has been reading the official website. I acknowledged that it is a very serious undertaking, which will need a heck of a lot of preparation, and then I rather dramatically said "it's not just what's in here that will see me to the finish line"- indicating my limbs- "it's what's in here"- pointing to my head.

"Oh dear" she replied- "You've shot it then!"

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?