Sunday, April 15, 2007

 

Good Signs

Went to the gym today, and did the usual 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer to warm up, then decided to try running and see how the achilles felt. So I hopped on the treadmill, and as I warmed up, I could feel it but it wasn't actually hurting. Over time it didn't get worse, but actually subsided, so I did more than I intended; 25 minutes running, but didn't go faster than 6.3mph.

After that I did the usual round of the weights, 20 minutes on the stepper, then used the bike and rower, with absolutely no problems. I can't feel my achilles at all now, so hopefully it is going to just do what the right one did last year, and the symptoms will disappear.

I have ordered a new pair of shoes, as I must have had my current ones for over a year! (oops) I have ordered a pair of Brookes Lady Addiction shoes from sportsshoes.com. I also aim to build up running distances sloooowly to prepare for the White Peak Half Marathon on May 19th.

I was considering running a 10K in Nottingham Wednesday evening, but think it will put too much pressure on my ankle so am giving that one a miss.

All righty then, as promised... weekly exercise totals...

Running
2.3 miles on treadmill, 25 minutes, top speed 6.3mph

Walking
Approx 6 miles, cross country including sand, slow
Approx 2 1/2 miles brisk, 15 minutes fast walking uphill on sand

Other
20 minutes elliptical trainer
10 minutes bike
5 minutes rower
Approx 50 minutes strength training

Not terribly impressive... but looking good hopefully for the old achilles...

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?