Tuesday, April 17, 2007

 

Hopeful Signs

Looking very hopeful, as- touch wood- my Achilles seems to be fine after my treadmill run Sunday. I was very careful last night and just used my ministepper for about 30 minutes, which didn't affect it at all. I think I will try a run tonight. Just a gentle one, maybe 4 1/2 miles, will see how it goes.

It's been lovely this week, really warm, only thing is, it gets dark much later, so I have to either run later or risk people seeing me!

I was talking to a mate on the phone the other day, and it suddenly occured to me that I hadn't told her about my MdS entry. She is a naturally cautious type who is rather risk averse, so I broached the subject by telling her I have booked to do something in 2009 that she might think is slightly crazy...

She immediately said "Don't tell me- you're climbing Mount Everest!"

"No", I said, "something completely different!"

So she said "You're going to Egypt and building another pyramid single-handedly!"

"Nope" I said, "but you're getting warmer with the sand thing- very warm in fact!"

There was a silence whilst I could hear her trying to think of the wildest and most stupidest thing she could possibly come up with, before she replied;

"Don't tell me- ha ha- you're going to run across the Sahara Desert!"

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?