Thursday, April 26, 2007

 

I Have Achilles Tendonitis

It's official. I have Achilles Tendonitis. I had kind of diagnosed myself with it so was a pretty good self diagnosis!

I saw the physio today. I wasn't sure what to expect and was a wee bit nervous. When I went into her office, the first thing she said was "Wear did you get your trousers?" I took off my shoes and socks (should have changed my socks!) and she said "Your feet are terrible!" and then "Oh I am so rude!"

My feet are awful- my toes are all odd sizes and I have totally flat feet- I was born with them like this!

She made her diagnosis and gave me a massage (and I remembered I hate my legs being touched!) and I had some ultrasound.

And then she said not to run!!! Ok it does make sense... she said if we nip it in the bud now, it will be much better than leaving it and dealing with a possibly chronic condition. I am allowed to cross train, though, so will go to the gym tonight and give the elliptical trainer, stepper, rower and bike a good work out. No running. Honest!

I asked her what happens when it 'grinds' when you move it. She said that the tendon is housed in a sheath, and when under stress it swells, so there is not much room for it to run smoothly through the sheath...

I mentioned that I had entered an Ultra event on 2009 so of course she asked what it was. When I told her, her cheery response was "What on earth possessed you to enter that?!?" Although she did once have a client who had done the MdS... she didn't elaborate further though, but I did gather his injuries happened after the event and not during!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?