Sunday, April 01, 2007

 

It's Spring!

It's a lovely day out there, first really nice weather we've had for a while... and I'm waiting til it gets dark so that I can go out for a run and nobody will see me...

I have been set back this week due to being rather poorly cold and chesty cough wise, but went out for a meal with a couple of friends Thursday (one is moving to Norfolk, about 2 hours drive away) and went out for a 6 mile run afterward (dedication or what!)

I went out for somebody's leaving do Friday and stayed at my friend's overnight, she has joined a gym in Nottingham and had arranged to go this morning. I dug out a token I got in my goody bag for the Rushcliffe 10K, which was for a free work out in a gym near where I work. So I claimed it! It wasn't as big as my gym, but made a change, and a change is as good as a rest!!

Got some exercise Friday night too, as my mate's shoes were hurting her feet, so two of us carried her back to the car, must have looked a right sight!

The Marathon des Sables. People think I am nuts for registering. My mum thinks I am going to die. I don't think it helped when she read the required kit list and discovered I will need an anti-venom pump in case of scorpion stings... I was just trying to persuade a colleague that it's not that bad really when I clicked on a forum link and read that one of this year's competitors had died in the night...

The results from the 2007 MdS are to be found here... encouragingly enough, quite a few girlies have made it! I have also found a forum devoted to the event, so will be a frequent visitor. I hope to hear more from the organisers in May... I keep telling myself, I have 2 years to prepare...

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?