Saturday, April 28, 2007

 

It's the Weekend!

I have been very good all week. Well, since Thursday! I went to the gym Thursday night, and did my usual 20 minutes on the elliptical and the stepper, 5 minutes rowing, 5 minutes on the bike, plus strength training... then I did about 7 minutes walking on incline on the treadmill, before going back on the elliptical for 10 minutes.

I discovered the ellipticals have different programs, and could set the resistance on it to simulate hills. They are a wonderful piece of kit, totally non impact so ideal for injuries. trouble is, everybody else thinks they are a wonderful piece of kit too!

I went out for a gentle 3 1/2 mile stroll last night and have been faithfully doing my exercises.

I have a bit of a dilemma though... I have entered the Valleys and Views walk tomorrow; a 25 mile LDWA walk. I have done it the last 2 years, it's fairly gentle, and I will be walking... the physio said it's ok to walk... ok, I didn't actually tell her about this walk, but she was very clear that it's the pounding and jarring associated with running that causes the problem...

I will chance it anyway, and wear my old running shoes, that may sort out the blister problem too! I may ice my Achilles when I get back and take it easy the next few days... touch wood, it's been fine.

I had entered the White Peak half marathon on May 19th with my colleague, but I don't think I will be able to do it. Even if I can run again in a couple of weeks, the physio advised me to build up slowly, and it wouldn'tleave me much time to build back up to 13 miles. Shame, but I don't want to risk a permanent injury and jeapardise my MdS chances...

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?