Wednesday, May 16, 2007

 

Life's Little Headaches...

As I'm off work poorly today I thought I may as well update...

... my little sis is in hospital. She has had a few problems lately; she was recently admitted with suspected strangulated hernia and was discharged with glandular fever! Work that one out...

Anyway, she was admitted at the weekend with abdominal pains, and they are now suspecting Crohn's Disease. She has to have a Barium Meal on Friday to confirm this, luckily she is allowed to keep her mobile with her so I have been able to speak to her.

The problem is, she is in hospital in Welwyn Garden City, as she is studying in Herts. My mum and stepdad went down Monday, and have been staying, which means that I have had to look after their two dogs, one of whom is very ill with kidney failure and both of whom tend to suffer from incontinence in times of stress and uncertainty! Plus their ancient cat, Rosie, who has a tendency to become very lonely at 5am and cry at the top of her voice for some company!

So I got my 5am wake up call this morning, and my head was so bad it felt as though the top of my head was coming off! There was nothing I could do to relieve it, and I honestly started to think it was the onset of Meningitis... I do tend to panic a little...

It has gone off a lot now, although still feeling rough. But driving the 22 miles to work and concentrating on the computer wasn't an option.

On a lighter note, I now have my access to the competitors' section of the BOM site for the MdS... it's quite daunting to see, in huge bold letters, the words "Stephanie Cooke, 2009 MdS Competitor", time to get serious!!!

I had a light jog to my mum's and back yesterday, plus used my mini stepper and cross trainer, watching "How to Look Good Naked" (hmm, maybe Mr Wan could make an alternative program... "How to Look Good When You Have Run 150 Miles Across The Sahara, Wearing the Same Clothes For a Week, Sweated Almost Constantly and Stink to High Heaven...")

So far so good re my Achilles, I await to see what my physio will say tomorrow...

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Sorry to hear about your sister - I hope she gets better soon. Please pass on my best wishes. Seems quite bizarre how the doctors have thought that is was a hernia then glandular fever then Crohn's.

Sounds like you are having a bit of a week what with feeling unwell, looking after the incontinent dogs and the cat waking you up at stupid o'clock! Perhaps that calls for more chocolate?! As it happens I'm digging into a box of my mums Terry's All Gold - I'm doing her a favour as shes on a diet, honest!

Just been out for a longish 7 mile run but my legs have been feeling really sluggish as of late and keep getting injured which isnt helping much. I'm hoping things will improve soon. Hope your training is going well and that the achillies is not giving you any more trouble.
 
Thanks a lot for your support Lloyd, she is having a Barium Meal tomorrow which should hopefully give more of an idea. It is very bizarre!

I'm sure the cat gave me a migraine! Think you are right about the chocolate- definately medicinal!

My Achilles isn't too bad so hoping I can build up the running, I do miss it. It's frustrating when injuries happen, I hope yours improve quickly.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?