Saturday, May 12, 2007

 

Phew- Knackered!!

Phew! Decided to bike to Melton Mowbray today, as I had a routine contact lens check. I had originally intended to buy some new bike tyres, but when I contacted Halfords I was informed that they won't fit then for you at weekends, which isn't handy.

I didn't go the main road way, as it's very busy, instead I cut through the villages of Rearsby, Thrussington, Hoby and Asfordby. Going it was fine- the only real tough bit came just outside Asfordby; after passing the area known as Asfordby Valley, there is a real, humungous hill up to the aptly named Asfordby Hill. God, it was a monster! I was determined not too walk at all, though, and although my legs were burning, I made it!

All was fine with my eyes, but had to take my contacts out and ride back in my glasses. It seemed much harder coming back, mind you the wind was quite strong, and was against me all the way back. And when I got to Hoby, the heavens opened! And the wind- it suddenly turned into a gale- or felt like it!

I finished the ride totally soaked, uncomfortable, half blind (rain and glasses are not a good combination!) and in dire need of a caffeine fix.

I've no idea how far it was, took me about an hour each way, not too bad as it's only the third time I've been out on the bike in the last 8 months!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?