Monday, June 04, 2007

 

New Boots!

I have had to succumb and slap a new pair of boots on the credit card... my old ones had started to break away at the heel; I thought they would maybe be ok, but after last weekend's walk in the Lakes they were slightly worse... my sis's boots suddenly decided to part body and soleso you never know quite when they are going to go... if they suddenly broke in the Atlas Mountains, I would be pretty well stuffed... I decided it's just not worth the risk...

... so I grabbed a couple of hours off work, went to the Black's store in Nottingham and bought a pair of fabric boots which hopefully won't need breaking in much! They are a make I haven't heard of before- Technicals- but seem very comfy so far (although I've only worn them around the house!) and have a strong, Vibram sole. Just looked on Google, it appears that they are Black's own make.

I did an extra tough workout at the gym yesterday- 20 minutes running, getting up to 6.3mph, 20 minutes warm up on ellipticals, 15 minutes resistance work on ellipticals with 3 mins cool down, 20 minutes on stepper at higher resistance than usual, 10 minutes on bike, 10 minutes walking on incline, 3 minutes rowing plus my round of strength training! Think I was in there longer than anybody and was certainly sweating more!

My theory... if you're not sweating... you aint working hard enough!! (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.)

I went out later yesterday evening and ran/ walked (but mostly ran) 5 miles, but think it was a bit much as I've felt that Achilles slightly today walking into town. I might just have a gentle walk round the village to start breaking my boots in...

Bloody hell, this time next week I'll be in Marrakesh!!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Hey Steph!

thanks for the kind comment. Glad you enjoyed the journal. i am just writing the last part now.

am also on the look for some walking boots for a trek at the end of the month.

any good ideas? am looking for a waterproof, lightweight pair.

Al
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?