Saturday, June 02, 2007

 

Thank God For Weekends

Considering it was a short week I am knackered! My friend thinks it's because we end up cramming all our week's work in four days instead of five. She has a point...

Been a quiet week; I used my stepper and cross trainer Tuesday, and did some strength training at home. Wednesday I tried a gentle 3 mile run, so far so good; no Achilles pain, but some 'grinding' later that night and the next morning...

Thursday night I went to the gym, and ran three lots of five minutes with walking in between, plus all the other stuff. I have incorporated the elliptical trainers twice into my routine... once to warm up, and again later for resistance work- really works those glutes!!

I had physio yesterday, she seems to think the heel is ok, and it's a matter of building up gently and monitoring it, thank god! I mentioned the grinding, and she said that she doesn't think it's Crepitus (when the tendon swells within the sheath) but caused by movement of the Achilles- which doesn't sound quite so bad! She said that she got her thumbs well in there and that it should help!

I'll have to start thinking about packing soon for my Atlas trip... at least it will be extended walking uphill over rocky terrain day after day- so has got to be good training! This time I am more confident about my fitness than previous treks I've done.

At the time of writing, Rich should be on his way to France to complete La Trans Aqu- good luck to him, I'm sure he will be fine though, he has done loads of preparation and training.

I have a very arduous afternoon today... going shopping with a mate and having a chinese! (although I did walk to the next town this morning, and will run later, oh and gym tomorrow...)

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?