Saturday, August 11, 2007

 

It's The Weekend.. Again...

Is it just me or is this year going incredibly quickly? At this rate 2009 will be on me before I can say Sahara Desert!!

I've had quite a quiet week exercise wise; 30 minutes on my mini stepper Tuesday, a light 4 1/2 mile run with 1/2 mile walk Wednesday, Thursday I upped the ante a bit and wen to the gym. I ran for about 27 minutes, concentrating on between 6 mph and 6.5 mph. I also did the usual on the ellipticals and stepper, weights, rower and finished off with 10 minutes walking on incline on the treadmill, and 5 minutes resistance work on the elliptical.

My body appeared to recover very quickly from last Sunday's Dipper which is a good sign!

Impressed myself today, I was up and out the door for a run at 8:30am!! For me, that is unheard of on a Saturday! Staying in bed reading the paper and eating chocolate is my usual Saturday morning exercise (I did that earlier today!) It was a gorgeous morning; I did my 5 1/2 mile cross country route for the first time since hurting my Achilles, it was great running across the fields. The ground had dried out nicely, and the scent of cut hay was in the air. Running up the lane back to Rearsby, butterflies were dancing around me. I felt really energised and at peace.

And no Achilles pain at all, no sensation, no grinding... nothing... it's as though everything has just gone back into place! I am going to continue to be careful and build up slowly though, I've got a lot of mileage to build up to over the next year!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?