Tuesday, August 28, 2007

 

Panther Watch?

Something quite strange happened to me over the weekend... Saturday evening I decided to go for a walk, and took my usual 5 1/2 mile cross country run route. It was another gorgeous evening- so not typical Bank Holiday weather!

I was just crossing the last field before East Goscote, when I notice movement by the hedgerow in the field next door... it was a large black shape, and when I looked closer, it was obviously a cat of some description, with a long tail. But it looked much too large to be a domestic cat!

It was some distance away, so cursing myself for not having brought my camera I crept closer, and it bounded off into the hedgerow. I didn't see it after that, but when I got to my mums, Katie said that there has been a spate of panther sightings nearby recently!

Thinking this was my chance for a bit of fame, Sunday at the same time I was back, complete with camera and binoculars; I really didn't expect to see it again... but when I looked into the next field, there it was- in exactly the same spot as last night!

I was actually shaking with excitement as I got out my binoculars, and managed to get a good look at the beast... well, let's just say there's not many panthers wearing a collar with metal ID tag... sure it seemed a lot bigger the day before! Ah well...

Went to Foxton Locks with my Dad and step mum yesterday, not really training related (apart from mooching around) but was interesting.

I ran 7 1/2 miles tonight, longest distance since the half marathon in April. As I was running Katie text to ask if I fancied a run, so I picked her up (my route goes past mum's) and she kept me company for 1 1/2 miles.

My legs were feeling a bit tired at the end, but no Achilles problems! I think I'm ok to continue to build up slowly.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?