Saturday, August 18, 2007

 

Weekend Update

Since my last post I feel slightly less tired! Trouble is, I am so used to getting up at 6am to go to work, I can't sleep in any more!

Did another good workout at the gym Thursday, with lots of running at 6.3mph and 6.5mph (which might sound really slow to lots of you, but is good for me!) plus jogging on an incline as well as my usual other stuff.

Last night I went for a 6 mile run, the first 6 miler since the Holme Pierrepont 10k. And- no sensation at all from my Achilles- no soreness, no creaking! I really think I have cracked it, but am still going to keep a close eye on it at all times (metaphorically speaking of course...)

What I was not amused at, however, is the amount of abuse we have to go through at times... I realised too late that my route took me right past a crowd of kids on bikes. Of course I got loads of abuse, kids running behind me etc etc unfortunately they were at that age when they have to show off and look 'hard' in front of their mates. But I don't need it and it's quite intimidating- it wasn't even late. I felt incredibly angry when I had finally shaken them off (try running when you're really pi**ed off- improves your pace no end!!) Next time I think I will wait until I am out of sight and ring the local police station.

I have noticed actually that since picking up the speed work in the gym seems to make me pick up my pace outside as well- may be time for a 10k race soon, be interesting to see if I have a PB.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Hey Steph,

Thanks for the comments, sounds like your achilles is working out OK? Keep up the good work...!
 
Hi Steph, Dont let those morons get to you! Seems that your injury has all but gone - as I write this I currently have an ice pack on my foot! Its precautionary so hopefully will be ok when I go out for a short run later. As the goose says, keep up the good work!
 
Thanks a lot, guys, it's just so frustrating getting the abuse! Thanks Goose, my Achilles seems fine, touch wood! Going to be careful with it though,hope you are ok. Lloyd, hope your foot's ok, hopefully it's nothing that a little rest won't sort, and it's fine when you run.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?