Saturday, August 25, 2007

 

Weekend Update

It's the weekend again, can't believe how fast the year's going! Well, so far this week I have done another 6 miler, completely Achilles heel problem free! I really think I can start to build up the distances now, but will take it slowly. I am planning to build back up to half marathon distance.

I have also done the usual work out at the gym, and quite a lot of walking. Plus multi tasking; using my mini stepper whilst watching telly!

I am planning a longer walk for next weekend, after my Dad and stepmum have returned to Spain. I have a route plan for a 34 mile Challenge walk around the Charnwood area in Leics which I'm thinking of doing.

I think my plan will be to build up a good endurance base this year, building up the long walks and runs up to half marathon distance, then next year concentrate on building distances and gradually increasing pack weight. I will also need to try out equipment too, and drinks/ powders etc. I will really need to up the distances over Christmas/ New Year 2008/9 and taper in the weeks leading up to the event.

Rich came up with a good suggestion- duathlons! I am definately going to look into this. I am going to try with the swimming, too, but cannot ever imagine being able to swim a mile front crawl! I couldn't even make a pool length without nearly drowning!

It's a lovely day for a change... think I will make the most of it and go for a walk later!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?