Saturday, September 01, 2007

 

The Charnwood Round

This is an 'anytime' challenge walk I picked up a leaflet for some years ago. It is based around the Charnwood area near me, the 'beauty spots' of Bradgate Park and Beacon Hill. It does have capacity to shorten the route, but the full 'challenge' route is 33 miles, a nice distance to move up to from 26 miles, so I am considering doing this tomorrow.

Basically a lot of the route is the route used for the Charnwood Marathon, but in reverse.

I'll take my pack and make it fairly heavy, which shouldn't be difficult as I will need to carry my own water. The LDWA walks give you the luxury of regular check points/ drink stations!

Had a session at the gym Thursday and had another kind of session last night- the bar, boogie and lager type! Ah well, I don't do that too often and I'm sure dancing is good exercise!!

Walked down to Syston via Queniborough today, approx 4 miles, as a gentle wind down for tomorrow's planned trek!

Meeting some mates tonight, too, for a meal at the Harvester, good job I'm doing all this exercise!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?