Wednesday, September 05, 2007

 

Jane Tomlinson

I was really sad to hear of the death of Jane Tomlinson yesterday. Despite being diagnosed with terminal cancer, she battled on and completed some amazing feats of endurance, including an Ironman Triathlon and bike ride across America, despite being in intense pain most of the time.

Kind of makes the MdS seem almost a walk in the park by comparison (I did say almost!) and makes me feel that I ought to appreciate my health, and strength, and the opportunity I have to undertake the challenges I have so far and have planned for the future.

We never know what's in store for us around the corner, and it was when Jane found out that she was dying that she was inspired to challenge herself and undertake some amazing achievements.

Makes me think that if there is anything we want to do in life, we should just go for it and not put things off; if we don't 'just do it', we might never get the chance!

RIP Jane, you are an inspiration.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?