Wednesday, September 05, 2007

 

Mid Week Update

I'm quite happy with my recovery from the Charnwood Round, just had a slight ache where my pack had rested yesterday, and today I'm ache free.

The soles of my feet are still slightly sore though... funny enough, whilst I was doing my walk I thought it felt as though the bottom of my socks had worn away and my feet were rubbing unprotected against my shoes, but dismissed it as one of those imaginary feelings you tend to get, such as a small piece of grit in your shoe feeling like a boulder, or that feeling where a blister feels as though it has taken over the whole of your heel when it's the size of a drawing pin head.

When I took my socks off though, there were two large, perfect holes where the ball of the foot would have been... oops, think I need new socks!

I have decided against doing the Chatsworth Challenge this Sunday as originally intended as

  1. I am doing the Ponton Plod on the following Sunday (16th) and though that undertaking three long walks on three consecutive weekends may be a little too much at this stage
  2. I, erm, missed the entry deadline...

I have this week off, so am trying to catch up with a few bits and bobs, it's amazing how much time working and training takes out of your day... I know I've said it before, but I really haven't got time to go to work, it really gets in the way of other things I'd rather be doing with my time!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?