Saturday, September 29, 2007

 

Pony Trekking!

I'm off to the wilds of the North York Moors today with my mum as we are meeting older sis there and going for a day's pony trekking tomorrow! Should be good fun, I have elected to drive as mum is concerned that she won't be able to move her legs afterwards.

I've had quite a good week this week training wise... Monday I did the slow, easy recovery run of 4 1/2 miles, Tuesday I went out on the bike for an hour, Wednesday I ran 8 1/2 miles- the first time since hurting my Achilles at Easter. My Achilles was absolutely fine!

Had a good workout at the gym Thursday night; I ran for 35 minutes, concentrating on 6.3mph and 6.5 mph but also running up to 8 mph as I think that using the treadmill for speed sessions is working. I did my usual on the ellipticals and the strength training, but increased the resistance on the stepper, went back on the ellipticals for 13 minutes resistance work and walked on the treadmill at incline. Phew! It just seemed quite effortless.

I'd like to know, however, why some days, when I run, it seems effortless- I'm floating along, wind in my hair, body working like it should, breathing great etc etc, and other days it's an effort to run down the road, everything aches and I'm puffing and blowing like a knackered locomotive!! (like today...)

I had a rest day yesterday, went to Burger King (naughty naughty) with my mate, who's been poorly.

Just about to go and pack, but I have been out for a gentle 5 miler this morning and then about 25 minutes on my stepper...

I guess horse riding may be some form of training, although admittedly more for the horse than me!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?