Saturday, September 15, 2007

 

Saturday...

I've been quite easy on myself this week, what with not being well. Went to the gym Thursday, and probably did a bit too much, as I felt knackered afterwards; I ran my usual 3 miles, plus 20 minutes on the stepper and ellipticals, round of weights and back on the treadmill for walking on incline.

So I had a rest day yesterday and went out for a meal in the evening with my mate- so taxing!

Actually, it was quite a cheap night out, as we were walking back to my car and I spotted something on the ground. You know how sometimes you convince yourself it's a fiver and it turns out to be a sweet wrapper or something... well, I don't know what made me pick it up, but it turned out to be two fivers folded together!

There was nobody around, and we reckoned that if we were to hand it in, the staff would probably pocket it anyway, so I split it and we had a fiver each, which was very welcome.

I have just walked a fairly brisk 6 miles, and have the 27 mile Ponton Plod tomorrow. I am thinking of being kind to my poor old body and taking a light pack; if I remember rightly from last year, there will be rolls, cake, coffee etc half way round so no need to take much.

I am going to try not to get a speeding ticket this year too- got flashed by a camera in Melton Mowbray on my way to last year's event!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?