Sunday, October 07, 2007

 

Quick Update...

I've had quite a quiet week this week... mainly due to the fact that I've been finding it difficult to walk! Who would have thought horse riding would be so incapacitating...

I haven't done much running, just two brisk walks of 5 miles and 4 1/2 miles which isn't great. I did go to the gym as usual Thursday and today- Thursday I ran on the treadmill for about 25 minutes but kept to speeds below 6.7mph. I did some resistance work on the ellipticals as part of the warm up, and the stepper, weights etc more or less as usual (except I couldn't manage a couple of the leg weights- too painful!)

I was back up to my usual 3 miles on the treadmill today, concentrating on 6.3mph, 6.5mph with some 6.7mph thrown in for good measure. I had a separate resistance session on the ellipticals, rest of the workout as usual. There was an older lady there who must have been running on the treadmill for an hour! I think boredom would set in... I'd rather run outside for that length of time and see fields and trees rather than stare at sweaty folks puffing and panting (oh, hang on- I think I was looking in the mirror!)

Poor mum thinks that the riding last weekend has given her cystitis!

The cheque I wrote for the Turkey Trot has been cashed so it looks like I may be in! Gives me plenty of time to build back up to half marathon distance by then. I have the Waltham Winder on Saturday; a 26 mile challenge walk fairly close by which I thought had finished as it doesn't appear in Strider (magazine for the LDWA).

That's it really... looking forward to a soak in the bath later!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?