Sunday, October 28, 2007

 

Still Feeling Rough...

Well, I have had a bit of a non week this week... I still felt as though I was coming down with a cold on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and had taken the sensible precaution of doing no more than a 5 mile gentle walk...

....however, I couldn't just stick to that- oh, no... by Wednesday I was so fed up with not exercising that, despite having a sore throat, I went for an 8 1/2 mile run Wednesday night. In the drizzle.

The result- Thursday I woke up with a raging, full- on cold... snotty nose, head feeling like it's been put in a vice as all my sinuses were obviously blocked, feeling rough etc... so what did Einstein here do? Go to the gym Thursday night...

I knew it wasn't a good idea, but I think there is a tendency, if we're not careful, to become a little obsessed about keeping to our training schedules come what may- I feel really bad when I have to miss a gym session or a run or whatever as I think I will lose my fitness, but ut would make much more sense to rest and let my body recover from what it's obviously fighting...

Anyway, the upshot is that Friday, when I woke up, it took me about an hour to summon the strength to get out of bed and make a coffee. Going to work was not an option... I have taken it easy since (apart from a walk to the nearest town yesterday) I would have normally gone to the gym today but decided it may be a bad idea (that and the fact that my mate threatened to never speak to me again if I did) so I have just slobbed around and eaten far too much.

I am feeling quite a bit better though- just coughing a bit so hoping it's NOT going to my chest! I will hopefully be back on the training plan over the next few days.

Hope everybody else is managing to stay injury/ illness free!

Labels: ,


Comments:
You can chalk me up for both injury and illness as well! Getting over the cold now, but injury still plauging. Just hope I can get in shape for the RR50 in December, which you're doing as well aren't you?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?