Saturday, November 03, 2007

 

Fireworks!


Judging by the racket outside a lot of displays are happening tonight. Poor Lucky is under the bed, and I expect that's where she'll be for the next few nights!
Well, I seem to be on track this week; Monday I ran the gentle 5 1/2 miles, Tuesday I used my cross trainer for an hour whilst watching Property Ladder. Wednesday I decided to go ahead with the run, despite possible harrassment by hordes of kids in scream masks, and was pleasantly surprised to find they'd all obviously gone home!
I did find the run a bit of a chore- not because it was hard, or I was tired, I just didn't really want to do it and all I could think about was all the things I could be doing instead! (nice hot bath surfaced at least once...) But I kept myself out there, and managed to zone out to some extent, so got it done.
I went to the gym Thursday but my legs were still a bit heavy from Wednesday, so I didn't do my full work out. Mind you, I still did 2.7 miles on the treadmill. Oh, yes- and a surprise!! They have bought two shiney new elliptical trainers- making four in total!!! I may never have to moan again...
Today turned out quite nice, so I nipped to Bradgate Park (see photo) it was lovely- not too busy, and the bracken and trees turning various shades of gold. I walked/ ran for the two hours allowed with my parking ticket; basically picking the steepest climbs I could find and running up a lot of them. Gym tomorrow, and I feel well, so should be able to do my usual work out.
All in all, quite a good week. Probably be about 23 miles running with around 7 walking, the Achilles is giving me absolutely no problems at all (touch wood!!) so onwards and upwards to my next event- the Seagrave Wolds Challenge in a fortnight.


Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?