Saturday, November 24, 2007

 

Update!

I WAS going to update in the week... but it just didn't happen... no excuses!!

This has been a fairly easy week really, following on from the Seagrave Challenge. Monday was a rest day (and meal out at the Harvester day) and Tuesday was a 10 mile run. I thought my legs would feel worse than they did, and so took it nice and steady. They were fine- well, up until the last mile then they felt really heavy so I called it a day at 10 miles. Well, night, as I tend to go running in the dark.

I did the body toning class on Wednesday, but didn't walk there as mum and Katie decided to come along (and enjoyed it- although mum lept going the wrong way and I did have to stop on the way back for them to get chips, which rather negated it really!) The class is quite gentle, but as we use weights with the exercises I think it should help to build up strength (plus hopefully tone!) The stomach exercises are quite tough though... she really puts us through our paces with all different variations of 'crunches', 'side crunches', other sit ups involving legs in the air etc etc etc and unlike other classes I've been through, she doesn't stop for a regular break! After 5 minutes of this, it's absolute agony!!

I heard one poor lady gasp desperately "I've had enough now!!"

I came home and did 45 minutes on my cross trainer whilst watching 'How to Look Good Naked'.

Thursday I had quite a good work out at the gym- resistance work on the ellipticals, over 3 miles on the treadmill at steady paces, inclination treadmill work plus my usual 20 minutes on the stepper (I think these are great at building the muscles required for uphill work) and round of strength training. The gym isn't too busy at the moment, which is great- that usually changes just after Christmas though with the arrival of the New Year's Resolutioners!

Yesterday was also a rest, today I think I will do 8 miles with a pack later and then the gym sesh tomorrow as usual. I am planning on doing my final long run mid week next week, before tapering for the Turkey Trot on the 9th December. Must remember to check upcoming LDWA events too...

That's all for now folks!!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Sounds like your training is going well now after your setbacks with the foot a few months ago. Looks like you are well on track!
 
Thanks Lloyd, I hope so touch wood! You seem to be well on track too- a 50 mile week is well impressive!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?