Monday, December 03, 2007

 

Cough, Cough!

I haven't really done anything at all this weekend... I have had a really chesty cough, sore throat and have felt really rough! And I have the Turkey Trot on Sunday...

Luckily I have got my last long run before in the bag... 12 1/2 miles Tuesday night and no Achilles niggles. Thursday was gym night- I did my usual 30 minutes and just over 3 miles on the treadmill, 20 minutes on the stepper and 20 minutes on the elliptical with resistance work, but when I got off the stepper I felt a pain in my right knee, so decided against any further cardio work, just the usual upper and lower body strength training.

Friday was a rest day, although I helped my mate shift some furniture after having a carpet fitted so a pizza takeaway was in order (carbs!!) My cough started then, and got worse...

Saturday I didn't feel up to anything, so shelved the 8 mile cross country run I had originally planned. Didn't think it was a good idea as I was coughing up stuff (nice...) although I did walk to Syston and back, which probably wasn't the most sensible thing to do either... but since when was I sensible...

Sunday I felt worse, and hadn't slept well, so the gym was out of the question as I now had a sore throat to add to my list of ailments. I was concerned as this is three days with no training and I have a half marathon Sunday... it occured to me that if I was doing the MdS now, I'd probably just have to suffer and 'get on with it' which is scary! But then I thought that for the time being, I have the long runs in the bag and was going to taper anyway, so my body may actually be stronger with the enforced rest...

Anyway, I haven't gone into work today but the cough is quite a bit better so I may chance a slow gentle run later... I just want to ease back into it so the 13.1 miles doesn't come as a tremendous shock to my body and causes it to self destruct!

My mum has announced that she has reserved a cocker spaniel puppy, gold and white, who she is going to call Jake... she gets him on the 12th... she said that she wasn't going to have another dog, but misses Alex so much, and thinks Gemma is lonely. I may have to post some pics!!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?