Tuesday, January 29, 2008

 

The Garmin Forerunner Has Landed!!!

I have taken the plunge and ordered a Garmin Forerunner 301, and it arrived yesterday!! It's a bit technical though... you can use it as a personal training partner, programme data into the computer and even use it to find a route... in fact, it's so clever I could probably put it out the door and get it to train for me...

I am going to try it out tonight, it will be very interesting to find out if my distance guestimates are accurate or not! (If I can work out how to switch it on of course!)

A mate has given me loads of books with local walks in as she is moving to Yorkshire so is not ever likely to need them again I guess. They will come in very handy for planning cross country routes.

I have also booked a week in Spain in July! It will be very, very hot and very dry- absolutely ideal, hey!

Training wise, I decided to have an easier week last week as I had a hectic social week... Monday I went to the gym, and covered 3 1/2 miles, running with speedwork and then inclination. Also threw in some elliptical work and went on the stepper for 10 minutes, the knee seemed ok.

Tuesday I meant to go for a long run, but felt really tired so only managed 6 miles. I stopped at mum's and succumbed to a cuppa and a Gillian McKeith programme involving people eating badly. Thursday I managed a long, slow 10 miles, but again felt really tired. My legs felt dead, it was really frustrating... at times like this you question whether you are actually making any progress at all!

I decided to rest the next 3 days apart from a short walk Thursday. For one thing, I had a few hectic social events planned to celebrate (?) turning 38. Went to Lincoln shopping with a mate Saturday. Don't exactly know why we went to Lincoln, I just fancied going somewhere different. I had had vague cultural thoughts about exploring the castle or the cathedral, or looking at some impressive architecture, but the reality was that we hit the shopping centres and found two huge Primarks, so that was about it!

Sunday I didn't go to the gym, as I had lunch with another friend who has moved to Norfolk but was back for the weekend- I don't usually go out so much!! I did do a steady 8 1/2 miles later though, so that made 28 miles in total for the week, which was good as Luke had advised about throwing in an easier week every few weeks.

I had great plans for last night, but ended up doing nothing cos of booking the flights. Mind you, the ladies loos at work have been out of order today, meaning a regular descent and climb of four flights of stairs to the one remaining loo on the ground floor, so that's got to be good! I will go out in a bit and see where the Garmin takes me... just looked, and it's raining- good job it's waterproof!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?