Sunday, January 06, 2008

 

Good News!

I have some good news; I went into the gym, and the manager (I think she is) recognised me and asked how things were going. We chatted for a few minutes and I told her about the MdS, and she asked if I intended raising money for charity. I said that I would like to, and she offered to hold a 'stepathon' event or similar to raise money for it! She said to just speak to her later when I am ready, and said that they like to hold money raising events!

This will be a major boost, I must have a look to see if they have a web site I can out a link to- it's The Engine Room in Thurmaston.

This week has been fairly quiet, I went for a 5 mile walk/ run New Year's Day with Katie. Then 8 1/2 miles at a steady pace Wednesday evening, I felt quite good so managed to pick up the pace.

Thursday I was out so went to the gym Friday instead; I have had to be careful with the ellipticals and stepper due to the odd knee pain I was experiencing (but not affected by running/ walking). I did 3 miles on the treadmill running up to 6.7 mph plus another 10 minutes inclination walking, plus the other usual stuff.

Yesterday I really didn't feel like going for a run- physically I felt fine, I just couldn't be ar*ed so had to practically shove myself out the door- does anybody else get days like that or is it just me!?! I did 7 miles cross country with a fairly light pack, although running with a pack does make a difference. I did manage to slip over but only dented my pride! I couldn't wait to get home though as I felt quite lazy!

Had a good session at the gym today though, my brain must have wanted to make ammends! I ran about 3 1/2 miles, top speed 7.5mph, did resistance work on the ellipticals and decided to try the stepper for 10 minutes on a fairly gentle setting. Apart from a very slight sensation which wore off very quickly the knee was fine. Oh, finished up with 1/2 mile running on incline...

Total mileage for this week; 28 miles, next week I will do 30! It will be so much easier now Christmas and New Year are out the way although I have loads of chocs and biscuits left! Hmm, maybe I should just scoff them all and do 100 miles to burn it all off... my willpower is less than impressive and the box of Thorntons is calling to me right this minute...

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?