Monday, February 18, 2008

 

Another 30 Mile Week...

Can't believe how quickly this week's gone!! It's just passed by in a blur of housework, cleaning, selling old stuff on eBay, and training...

Tuesday's run was a steady 8 1/2 miler (makes it so-o much easier no I can chart my mileage with accuracy!) Wednesday I did my usual body toning class- she is making it harder each week and it actually made my legs ache! Still, good for muscle strengthening I guess, and I need as much of that as I can get... I wore my small rucksack with full 1 litre water bottles and went for a short run after, 6 miles in all.

Thursday I was feeling lazy, so walked to Syston and back with a few bags of shopping- 3 miles roughly.

Friday was a gym session; 25 minutes on the ellipticals, increasing resistance, strength training and 4 miles on the treadmill- speed and inclination work. I'm a bit reluctant to do much on the stepper at the minute, particularly as I could feel my knee a little after the elliptical.

Saturday was a no- train day, as one of my oldest friends from school was having a party to celebrate her and her fella's 10th anniversary of being together. She lives in Stockport, so I picked up our other school chum, who lives near me, and went for the day. We realised we should have maybe got them a card or something, so picked them up a dog mask each from McDonalds instead!

Yesterday was another gorgeous day, so I went for a run... I did a route I thought was about 9 miles, which turned out to be 8 1/2, but did run to my mum's house and back to feed their cat, which is a mile. It was perfect for running- crisp and clear, with the remains of the night's frost crunching underfoot and the morning sun throwing everything into a golden light. I regretted not bringing my camera. I had my rucksack on and had increased the weight a little.

I will be going to the gym again today, probably, but this week will be a lower mileage week as I am off to Blackpool at the weekend with Katie, to see our older sis so won't get much opportunity to train. It will mean missing the Belvoir Challenge which is a shame but I am entering the Grindleford Gallop and probably the Norton 9. So I will just have an easier week, and may start to increase to 35 miles per week from the week after next.

Back to work tomorrow- will be a shock to the system getting up at 6am!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?