Wednesday, February 27, 2008

 

...Did The Earth Move For You!

Well, that was a bit of a nocturnal adventure last night!

I remember waking up, hearing this awful rumbling noise and feeling like the whole bed was shaking. My first befuddled thought was that there was a lorry outside with the engine running, but as I came fully awake it got worse, and the door on my built in cupboard started to rattle in its frame. I realised it was an earth tremor; Lucky looked startled and jumped off the bed, then it was gone.

I can only describe the noise as being similar to the rumble you get when on the pavements in London and the Underground trains are passing beneath your feet, but much deeper and more intense... quite eerie. I can only imagine how terrifying it must be to live through a bad earthquake and I guess it's a reminder that no matter how important we think we are or how much control we have over the world, there are some things over which we are powerless.

Well, I always consider myself to be somebody who craves adventure and excitement in her life- so why was I cowering under the covers thinking "Go away- don't liiike it!!"

Anyway, I was pleased to see it was actually officially classed as an earthquake rather than a mere tremor- an impressive 5.3 on the Richter Scale!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?