Friday, March 14, 2008

 

Charnwood Marathon... Should I Or Shouldn't I?

Ok. This is getting a little 'deja vu-ey'... but- I have had quite a bad cough this week ever since the Grindleford Gallop. After being woken up by it at 3am Tuesday night, I went to see my GP Wednesday. He's quite brusque, my GP, and I must have only been in there a couple of minutes altogether- I think he's the only GP in the practise who's appointments run to time!

He said that my chest was clear but he thought the infection was in my upper respiratory tract. I had been hoping for some antibiotics to really clear things up once and for all, and he wrote me out a prescription for Amoxycillin- but told me he didn't want me to collect it unless things didn't clear by the end of the week! Then he took my blood pressure (which he pronounced 'very good') before ushering me out and calling his next patient in (who looked completely dazed to be called into her appointment on time!)

I have to confess, I did get the antibiotics yesterday, to hopefully stop me getting another infection this winter. I haven't been running at all this week, all I've done is one 3 1/2 mile walk and one 5 mile walk. But- it is the Charnwood Marathon tomorrow- 27 miles in Leicestershire and literally 10 minutes drive away from me- and although I still have a very slight cough and have had a headache today, I feel fine... just want to get back into training, it's tough having to take time off...

I have emailed to ask if they will take entries on the day, so it may be a no go anyway if they can't... but I am sorely tempted... although I think I will have to keep it quiet if I do or my work colleagues will lynch me!!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?