Tuesday, March 25, 2008

 

Feeling Tired...

First day back at work today after the Easter break, and I'm feeling tired...


I ate far too much chocolate over the weekend, like I knew I would- I have no will power whatsoever! Just as well I am training for an ultra marathon, it sure makes it easier to keep the weight off!! I decided to try a 10 mile steady run Saturday evening, and luckily the knee felt ok. In fact, I felt so good when I was nearly home that I added on an extra mile.


Sunday I had quite a tough work out at the gym; 30 minutes faster running, and 25 minutes inclination work, running and walking plus usual weights. I tried the steppers and ellipticals and really felt it in my knee when I got off; how come they are affecting the knee and running doesn't? They never used to. Shouldn't complain though I guess... at least running doesn't seem to affect it too much...


Monday is my usual rest day; I had kind of toyed with the idea of going for a short run but just couldn't be ar*ed in the end! So- totals for last week was 35 miles including the gym work as well. At this stage I think I will aim for 35 miles every week now, with the odd easier week.


I have a decision to make... I can either do the Caythorpe Canter this weekend, which is a 26 mile walk near Grantham, or the Belvoir Half Marathon, the race that trashed my Achilles last year... I would like to do the Belvoir Half again but then again I would probably get more from the 26 mile walk, and if I walked rather than ran then it shouldn't affect my knee...

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?