Friday, March 21, 2008

 

Good Friday...

Can't believe it's Easter already!!! That does mean today and Monday off work, which is very nice. It's been a quiet week really, made a lovely pasta bake with the wild garlic in it Sunday!

My right knee, the one that was playing up at the gym a while ago, was quite stiff Sunday after the Charnwood Marathon. I could still feel it Monday, so didn't exercise Sunday or Monday.

Tuesday I went out for a slow 7 1/2 miles, running mostly but walking some of it. The knee was fine, luckily. Wednesday I did a slow 6 miles with a light pack, and again it was ok. I went to the gym Thursday, but didn't want to push myself too much as I hadn't been for a while, so stuck mainly to the treadmill, running for 27 minutes and walking on increasing incline for about 20 minutes over two sessions. I had had a craving for chips and mushy peas, so had succumbed at tea time so was still feeling rather bloated! Was hoping it might be dead in there as it's the holidays, but it was busier than it usually is.

I did 20 minutes on the ellipticals, the usual weights, and finished up with 10 minutes on the rower, which unfortunately affected my knee again. I don't know why the other cardiovascular equipment is starting to affect it, it never used to, I suppose I am just going to have to accept that I am going to have to be careful with it- as well as the Achilles! Why does ultra marathon training make your body fall to pieces!?!

I haven't done anything today apart from walk the 3 miles to Syston and back, and won't do anything else as I'm out tonight, and staying over at a mates, so should be able to have a drink- can't usually cos everybody seems to live a distance away from me and I usually end up driving!

Hope everybody has a great Easter!!! I have a chocolate egg which I am saving til Sunday...

Labels: ,


Comments:
Nice work Steph, keep it going. Know what you mean about the body. I'm starting to really feel it, and we have another year to go!!! Guess it's all about listening to your body and knowing what to do and what not to do. However it's not always easy for us single-minded individuals!!! As my girlfriend constantly reminds me when I want to go out running and I know I should be resting! Ahhhh well... keep at it :)
 
Cheers Dan, sounds as though your training is going really well.
Like you say, it's not always easy to rest as we always feel we should be out there training and will lose all our fitness!!
Ah well, we should know our bodies capabilities (or lack of) inside out by next year!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?