Friday, April 18, 2008

 

The Feet...

I have been giving some serious support to my feet, or proper care thereof... after all, if I am going to expect them to carry me 150 miles across scorching Saharan sands/ salt flats/ hills then I guess I am going to have to give them some TLC...

... my feet are terrible. I think I might have mentioned they have been deformed from birth, I still have the full set on each foot but they are odd sizes and sort of 'squashed in', with a huge gap between the big toe and second toe which I am convinced is going to turn into a lovely bunion one day... the big toes are already starting to lean over where they shouldn't be.

I am going to wear the little plastic 'toe separaters' I bought throughout the day, and may even try using a pumice stone on my plates (got a lovely one free in Marrakesh) and maybe even treating them to a nice bit of moisturiser.

Well, training wise this week I have so far done; a fast (for me!) 7 miles Monday night, 7 mile cross country walk/ run with 5.3 kg pack Wednesday, 3 miles speed work on the treadmill at the gym last night, plus 1 1/2 miles run/ walk on inclination. I also went on the stepper for 10 minutes and the elliptical for 15, and didn't get too much sensation in my right knee so will continue to built this up.

It is amazing what a difference it makes running with a pack. I really felt it in the backs of my legs, and it felt quite a struggle to run. Then I was struck with the depressing realisation that in the MdS I will be probably be carrying over twice this weight, at least on the first few days... I guess it's just a matter of gradually building up pack weight until it becomes the norm to run with a pack.

No idea yet what I will do the rest of the weekend, but it will no doubt equate to 35 miles or more over the week. Just had chips and she gave me absolute loads, so it seemed rude not to eat as many as I can, but feel really fat and bloated now...

Labels: ,


Comments:
I'm glad I'm not the only one with dodgy feet. Mine were operated on ten years ago (horrid bunions and dodgy toes that were too long... errr!!). Anyway, they look slightly better now but still fairly horrid! God knows what they'll look like this time next year! Not a pretty sight. Well done on a good week's training. I have done absolutely zilch!!
 
Thanks Rach, I'm glad I'm not the only one with dodgy feet! I have a horrid feeling I'm going to have to have my bunions operated on at some point...
It's 'that' time of the month for me, so I have been piging out on sweet stuff and feel sick and bloated!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?