Friday, April 25, 2008

 

Yippee... The Weekend...

... But it's a busy one. Katie, my sis, has her birthday party tomorrow night (21- she doesn't know how lucky she is!) and lots of family are coming up, in fact I am putting them up in my house and sharing Katie's bed with her.

Feeling a lot better now; I woke up with a headache still on Tuesday so took the day off to make sure it was fully gone. Mum pulled a bit of a blinder as she called me and suggested I go for a little walk to get some fresh air. When I agreed that this would be a good idea, she said "If you're walking by our house, and you want some company, you could always pick up Jake..."

So I took her mad cocker spaniel puppy for a walk across the fields. He is about 6 months old now; a golden working cocker, he looks quite a bit different from the show cockers she's had before, almost a cross between a cocker and springer spaniel. We covered about 3 miles, and then had to take their other dog, Gemma out afterwards. Gemma is a minature Yorkie so didn't want to go far- just far enough to make a point of not being left out.

I went to Body Toning Wednesday although it was tough motivating myself. I had my dumbells in my pack so it weighed about 5.5 kg, and ran a cross country route afterwards as it was a nice evening- about 7 miles total. Thursday was gym night, and I jogged for 20 minutes on an increasing incline on the treadmill, longest I have done so far. I also ran faster for 10 minutes on the flat, did the round of weights and used the elliptical for 20 minutes and didn't feel any discomfort in my knee.

I decided to run 7 1/2 miles tonight, and then walked a mile extra. I didn't have a pack, and felt really light! I will probably do something Sunday but am not worried about mileage- it's a good idea to have an easier week now and then, plus I'm possibly still recovering from the lurgy.

Next week I'll have a good training week and the week after will be a taper for the Ridgeway 40.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?