Saturday, May 03, 2008

 

First Equipment Test Success!!!

Well, I ran my first equipment test last night! Mum had bought me an MP3 player for my birthday last year, and I had intended to use it while running and walking, but the stupid little ear things will just not stay in my ears! I even bought another set and they were even worse, so I had just resigned myself to MP3 music on long car journeys...

... until I got a pair of 'sports' earphones from Aldi for £2.99! They are attached to a plastic band that goes behind the head- it rests on my pony tail and the ear thingies go in at just the right angle- and stay in! It transformed my 10 mile run, I was carried away on a wave of music, or at least until the battery ran out on the MP3. The downside is that they are a bit bulky and quite fragile, so if I were to take them on the MdS I may have to find something to put them in, maybe a cooking pot. Ii could always splash out on some dearer and potentially more robust ones now I know that the design works.

I've had a bit of a hectic social life this week, but did manage to get to the gym Wednesday; I did 4 1/2 miles on the treadmill, running and running/ walking on incline. I went on the ellipticals too and ramped it up a little but felt my knee slightly after.

I have found out that a couple of colleagues are running the Robin Hood half marathon, it's a fortnight after the Bullock Smithy so could be a possibility!

Lovely long Bank Holiday weekend... I am thinking about planning a 25 miler for tomorrow and typically enough it gives rain all day! Ah well...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?